[meteorite-list] OT- Security Alert Issued- CryptoLocker Warning

From: Jodie Reynolds <spacerocks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:14:02 -0800

Hi Dirk and List,

FoolishIT has a locker that prevents CryptoLocker from running,
called CryptoPrevent. It's a pretty nice little piece of code.

That said: Backups. If one hasn't learned to keep backups of files
they care about by this point, CryptoLocker is probably a cheap
lesson.

CryptoPrevent can be had free here: http://www.foolishit.com/vb6-projects/cryptoprevent/

The premium version offers auto-updating.

--- Jodie