[meteorite-list] special Tucson dates

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 05:16:02 -0800

On 11/23/13 10:12 AM, "Mike Tettenborn" <tett at rogers.com> wrote:

> List,
>
> For the first time I will be going to the Gem and Mineral show in Tucson in
> February. Can?t wait. We just booked a B&B about 20 minute drive in the
> desert and will be able to attend the show for a couple of days.
>
> Is there a list out there of important meteorite dates during the show? Mike
> Blood?s auction and the birthday bash etc..
>
> After some time in Tucson we also are travelling to Portal near the New Mexico
> boarder (60 miles form the nearest grocery store) for some deep sky observing
> at Arizona Sky Village.
>
> Can?t wait!
>
> Cheers,
Hi Mike & all,
        Finally got a new computer, found all the met-list posts that
Were being held up by my server, etc.
        The Tucson Meteorite Auction will be Sat, Feb 8. The Birthday
Bash is usually the night before the auction, but you will have to check
With Geoff Notkin to be certain.
        Meteorite Exchange usually posts a meteorite Tucson Guide with
The location of all the dealers, contact info on visitors, events,
etc....though I don't think they did it last year. Crappy memory and can't
Be sure if I thought that, they said they weren't but then did or if they
Said they weren't going to do it and didn't do it. It sucks to have your
Memory go. Can't tell difference between what you thought about and
What really happened.....
        Oh well, beats the alternative.
        Best regards, Michael