[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk main mass raised from Lake Chebarkul

From: Carl Agee <agee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:04:49 -0600

Yep! Thanks for reminding us Jeff. Norton County weighs in at ~1000
kg. It fell on Kansas sod (which we still have pieces of) not pulled
from the bottom of a lake months later. Furthermore, it is a rare
achondrite type (aubrite), which makes it the largest achondrite in
the world! Available for your viewing pleasure and open to the public
at Northrop Hall, Main Campus, University of New Mexico.

Enjoy!: http://epswww.unm.edu/meteoritemuseum/virtualtour/norton.htm

Carl Agee
*************************************
Carl B. Agee
Director and Curator, Institute of Meteoritics
Professor, Earth and Planetary Sciences
MSC03 2050
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131-1126