[meteorite-list] New conflict concerning the Grefsen mass of the Oslo meteorite

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:29:31 -0700

the main problem is that Knutjurgen has always claimed to be chasing meteorites as a scientist and was able to convince the finder to sell to him to protect it from us "evil dealers". Now look who is just after the money. I was attempting to acquire the mass, and if I had been successful, I assure it would be classified by now.
That being said, I also had a run-in with that woman from the museum, who told me that we must turn all Moss meteorites in to the museum, though not required by law:)
When I asked them if they were going to help us hunt, she said no, and left back to Oslo without spending one second traipsing through the woods like the rest of us did.
No clean hands in this argument. But it is a travesty that he is unwilling to donate some of the 5 kilos for classification and display at the museum.

Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPad