[meteorite-list] New Barwell acquisition

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:49:25 +0100

Hi all,

Just wanted to show off my latest acquisition, a 93.54 gram specimen
of the famous Barwell meteorite. Barwell fell on 24th December 1965
and was witnessed by many people and is affectionately known as the
Christmas meteorite. It is the second largest of the UK meteorites
after the Wiltshire stone (Lake House) This particular stone was found
on the 6th January by Jean Ferguson (nee McKellar) who at the time was
the Keeper of Geology at the Leicester Museum and it has been in her
possession ever since. I am especially proud to have such a nice
specimen of this historic UK meteoite in my collection :-) Photos can
be seen at the link below:

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/94515040 at N03/sets/72157635382072632/)

Cheers

Martin