[meteorite-list] EPOXI/Deep Impact Update - September 3, 2013

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

http://epoxi.umd.edu/1mission/status.shtml

EPOXI Mission Status Report
Michael A'Hearn
September 3, 2013

We have not received any of our expected observations of comet ISON due
to a spacecraft problem. Communication with the spacecraft was lost some
time between August 11 and August 14 (we only talk to the spacecraft about
once per week). The last communication was on August 8. After considerable
effort, the team on August 30 determined the cause of the problem. The
team is now trying to determine how best to try to recover communication.