[meteorite-list] Different colors of meteors/shooting stars

From: James Masny <sciflyer25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:38:50 -0400

Good evening list. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but are
different colors of meteors streaking through the atmosphere
indicative of certain minerals burning up? And what color represents
what minerals? I remember the 2001 Leonids, and seeing so many
different colors - pink, blue, white, yellow, green, orange. The
other night, I was outside, and I caught 2 fireballs, 1 changed color
from yellow to red, another from white to yellow.

All the best
Jim