[meteorite-list] Ad Historic meteorites; UCLA-Allende, Monnig-Deports, IOM-Canyon Diablos and more

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:31:10 -0600

Hi all
I have several interesting meteorite for sale this time.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/Sept272013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMbKl4X117TAzgE&feat=directlink

Allende A very nice 50% crusted piece with giant CAI exposed on the
surface. It comes from the famous FC Leonard collection at UCLA.
Allende now sells for $15 or more per gram. I will sell this one with
the excellent provenience for only $15 per gram!
38.3 grams $575

Xining L5 Fell Feb 12 2012 China nice sample with crust.
4.57 g $46

Bells C2 ungrouped Fell Sept 9th 1961 I always wanted one of these as
it fell a mere 30 days before my actual birth date. These are just
never offered for sale. Very rare classification and even rarer if you
consider falls only.
0.028 g $56

Deport These are part of recent discovery by Blaine Reed of the marked
piece by Oscar Monnig. If you are unfamiliar with the story Arnaud
Mignan has done a beautiful job describing its history.
http://www.thetricottetcollection.com/pub_met_MonnigNumbers.html
These have easily sold for $15/gram by other dealers. I offer them
here for only $10.00 / gram.
1P 97.2 g $970
1E 104.1 g $1040
1AI 148.2 g $1480
1AL 200.0 g $2000

Canyon Diablo All of these were obtained by Edwin Thompson who traded
them from the IOM in Albuquerque. He had a large lot of these at
Tucson earlier this year. With the exception of the largest piece I
picked out the pieces that had the first generation numbers on them.
That is the CD numbers you see in the photos. These were far less
common than the pieces with the more current K numbers. Unfortunately
there are no labels from the IOM but all the CD pieces come with the
original collection bags. The CD pieces are priced at $2/g and the
larger K piece at $1.50.

K-125 228.3 $456
CD 23.6 54.0 $108
CD 23.7 36.9 $73
CD 23.8 33.2g $66
CD 23.12 31.4g $62
CD 23.14 22.7g $45

Gebel Kamil I picked these out from a large lot. These have lots of
character that is not always captured in a photo. Priced to sell at
$0.50 / g
123.0 $246
96.1 $48
79.9 $40
39.7 $20

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/Sept272013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMbKl4X117TAzgE&feat=directlink

Leftovers from my last sale:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/PartSale1?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL7h5LitksGebQ&feat=directlink

All of these go onto Ebay in my store so if you are interested in any
let me know as soon as possible.

Katol (Provisional) Primative Achondrite Fell May 22, 2012 7.03 g
Nice half stone with rich black fusion crust. Exposed surface is
naturally broken not cut and polished $500.00 reduced to $400.00

Katol (Provisional) 2.98 g Whole stone at least 95%. Most of the
recovered stones from this fall are much larger. $400.00 reduced to
$350.00

Battle Mountain L6 Fell August 22, 2012 Nevada 3.82 g Fragment with
one cut face. $191.00 reduced to $153.00

Zagami Martian 0.39g Nice fragment with one cut face. $195.00 reduced to $156.00

Zagami Martian 2.86g Nice sliced fragment. $1144.00 reduced to $1001.00

Allende CV3 6.59 g whole stone $99.00

Tatahouine 2.73 g Contains minor fusion crust. $54.00

Lake Murry Oxide 65.28 g The largest piece of oxide I have ever seen.
Was originally given to my friend Frank Frazier by the original finder
of the Lake Murry meteorite Allen Graffham. Interesting historical
piece. $260.00

Estherville Nugget 8.74 g Awesome whole mesosiderite. $874.00

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/PartSale1?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL7h5LitksGebQ&feat=directlink

Mike

Mike Jensen Meteorites
16730 E Ada PL