[meteorite-list] is it a meteorite

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 07:27:44 +0000

IMHO - This should most likely be called 'Earthite'. A whole new class of rocks distinct from meteorites, which so far we don't have any of (unless anyone knows different!?).

 Or they could just be known as Tektites, since that is essentially what the consensus is on Tektites. Though I would put Tektites in the group of Ancient impact glasses rather than actual fusion crusted rocks from earth.

Mark