[meteorite-list] Fake Norway rock

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 16:20:44 -0600

I'd like to point out that the meteorite explanation has not been
"debunked", nor has it been proven that it was a rock from the parachute.

The falling object is still consistent with a meteorite. What's been
demonstrated is that the rock is very plausibly explained as something
trapped in the parachute, and given the odds against capturing an image
of a falling meteorite, that's by far the most likely possibility. But a
meteorite remains a possibility, although not a likely one.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com