[meteorite-list] Fake Norway Rock

From: Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum <dorifry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:49:11 -0400

What amazes me about this media stunt is the lack of skepticism from people
who should know better. When I saw the video, my first thought was: "this is
as phony as a three-dollar bill. Anybody with even a lick of common sense
should have instantly known this was totally bogus. No bolide, no sonic
boom, no smoke trail, no electophonic sound, no recovered meteorite,
nothing. There's nothing right about this. Just a video where a small rock
pops out of a parachute right after its deployed. Who in their right mind
would conclude that it was a meteoroid in dark flight? (Besides the dummy
astronomer and physicist.)

Even now people are still saying: "well there's a reasonable chance it could
be real." Yeah right! About the same chance as me winning 10 Olympic gold
medals, winning the lottery 10 times in a row, getting elected to the US
Senate after being knighted by the Queen of England and then marrying
Scarlett Johansson.

Get Real,

Phil Whitmer

Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum