[meteorite-list] BLM troubles

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

Yes it is interesting the way the BLM treats people.? I find that ranchers here in Nevada are some the friendliest and hard working people you could hope to meet.? My ranch is bordered by 3/4 of a mile of BLM federal land with a private shortcut road cutting through one corner of it.? Perhaps I should block the private road with a coded gate and only share the code with ranchers so that others (BLM) cannot use this shortcut to a county road.

I find it better to collaborate than to make your own laws as you go.? I have no problem at all letting other rancher's cattle graze on my land.? In exchange, I get to search their properties for meteorites with no worry of a fake 10 pound limit.? I notice not a single commercial permit for meteorite hunting has ever been issued by the BLM so the whole thing is a farce.

Best Regards,

Adam