[meteorite-list] HUGE Meteor Sighting in Cottonwood AZ - Stats from fall

From: Ruben Garcia <rubengarcia85382_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 16:06:50 -0700

Hi all,

Jim it's pretty much the same with any meteor event. The truth is
unless we have good Doppler information or someone personally
witnessed a meteorite strike a house or a car, or there is a stone
found - there's not much reason to waste time looking.

Most people (me included) thought the Whetstone Mountains meteor event
was not worth looking for - It took me over a month to even start the
hunt. I wish I'd have started sooner.

Also, the lack of Sonic reports may be due to the fact that it landed
where no one lives and not that it didn't produce a sonic boom.

I've been doing this a long time and I think the bottom line is this:
If someone finds a meteorite, just one that went though a roof - most
hunters would go try to find more - me included.

--
Rock On!
Ruben Garcia