[meteorite-list] Lunar eclipse recap

From: Matson, Rob D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:54:05 +0000

Hi Daniel,

The show was great from southern California. Even more impressive to me
than the proximity of Mars was how close Spica was to the Moon -- less
than 2 degrees to the right. So close, in fact, that it was hard to
see Spica until the eclipse was well underway. Once the eclipse was
total, I could also see the dim, 5.2-magnitude star HIP 66098 (76 Virginis)
only 0.5 degrees from the upper limb of the Moon.

--Rob