[meteorite-list] Meteorite Sculpture by Katie Paterson

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:55:07 -0700

I still can't grasp the reason why the meteorite had to be melted.?
Would it have been any less "artistic" if, instead,?the artist?had melted leftover?end-cuts/saw-cuttings/trimmings from other Campos and poured that into the mold??
And if?including these "handiworks of humanity"?into the?"compressing and merging" isn't what the artist had in mind, then I'm sure it's still a good idea,
worthy of consideration by anyone with buckets of meteorite saw-cuttings and is still looking for an idea how to recycle this by-product.??

http://preview.tinyurl.com/k936s8w
Bob V.

"An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that she ? for some reason ? thinks it would be a good idea to give them."?- Andy Warhol

"We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies." - - Pablo Picasso