[meteorite-list] Scammer in Singapore

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 04:57:19 -1000

Aloha Meteorite lovers,

I want to bring your attention to a scam artist out of Singapore. He contacted me about purchasing meteorites, and after showing him a selection of specimens, indicated he wanted ten of each specific one by weight - Red flag #1. He kept trying to increase the order but was not particularly discriminating on any, it did not seem to matter which meteorite he wanted - Red flag #2. After we decided on a list of specimens, he needed a favor from me - ooo, Red flag #3.

It seems he wanted to overcharge his credit card so he could purchase some furniture from a Mr. Gibson in China. All I have to do is accept his overcharge of $2000, send the balance to Mr Gibson and keep the difference. Hmmm, I didn?t fall off any turnip trucks and my snowy dome seems to contradict his impression of my recent birth.

So this warning is being issued to meteorite dealers, and particularly ones who sell on ebay or have a web presence. The person goes by the name of Eric Anderson, but could use another moniker to mask his identity. The email used was ausvva at gmail.com, but like his name this could change as well.

Cheers, and I wish you all a good day/evening!

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites Inc.
PO Box 4175, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 640-9161