[meteorite-list] Marissa's meteorite - an update

From: Michael Mulgrew <mikestang_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 21:44:55 -0800

Hello, List!

As 2014 draws to a close I wanted to give you all a quick update on
the progress we've made toward Marissa's meteorite hunt in May, 2015.

We have purchased the plane tickets for Marissa and her two nurses.
We elected for travel insurance, should something come up at the last
minute.
We have secured lodging for Marissa and co. at the local hotel.
Marissa's room is equipped with a roll-in shower and several other
accessible amenities.
We are finalizing the accessible van rental; we have budgeted
adequately for gasoline.
We have budgeted for food and drinks for Marissa and her nurses.
Marissa has her hunting magnet stick. It's collapsible so it will fit
in her luggage. It is light enough for her to wield, she's been
testing it out on real meteorites it arrived.

I think that's all the major points. We are wrapping up a few other
pieces of gear acquisition, including a possible back-up manual chair,
well on schedule for a (hopefully!) successful hunt next spring.

Thank again to everyone who contributed, you all rock!
Michael in so. Cal.