[meteorite-list] Finding organic compounds is not proof life has been found on Mars

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 15:41:19 -0700

Hello Listers,

Something I found on the net. I just think its just a matter of time
when we can prove there was life on Mars. We can prove there was water.
I think in the 4 billion years, there has to be some type of life form
on Mars, but the question is, how will the religious community take it
when its has been proven?????

"Many scientists have long been looking for evidence of life on Mars.
Some thought they found this evidence in a meteorite named Tissint that
fell to Earth in 2011 in the Moroccan desert. A report suggested the
discovery showed carbon-containing fluids, which could have been made by
life, once flowed on Mars. "The presence of organic-rich fluids that
infiltrated rocks near the surface of Mars has significant implications
for the study of Martian paleoenvironment and perhaps [for a] search for
possible ancient biological activities on Mars," the researchers wrote.
***
Some Christians think this drive to discover extraterrestrial life is
fueled by a strong desire to not want to have to feel accountable to
God. Without the need to obey God?s laws, these unbelievers may feel
they can have more freedom. But that is not the case. Unbelief is sin.
Jesus Christ was crucified on a cross to free us from the slavery of
sin. As St. Paul writes, ?For we know that our old self was crucified
with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we
should no longer be slaves to sin? (Romans 6:6)

 Think of what we will be free from when we become free in Christ--no
more worries about our sins, no more worries about our eternal
destinies, no more despair over losing fellow believers in death, for we
shall see them again in heaven. And it is all ours when we come to faith
in Jesus as our Savior."

source:
http://lsiblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/scientists-debate-evidence-for-life-in.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=scientists-debate-the-evidence-for-life-in-a-meteorite

Shawn Alan