[meteorite-list] Karoonda

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 20:06:41 +0000

Hello Bob and list,

For those of you who have held onto Edwin Thompson Meteorites mail order catalogs dating from October 1984 up until the Spring 2001 final catalog, there are a number of sizeable pieces of Karoonda. In fact, until recently I still had very nice thin sections of Karoonda. I believe the last of these went to Dr. Phreddie Olsen in Denver. Yes, Denver Box famed Phreddie.

A number of the larger pieces of Karoonda went to an Oregon collector who specialized back in those day in carbonaceous chondrites.

If you check with Blaine Reed, Marlin Cilz, Alan Lang and David New directly, I think you will find that there are a number of nice sized pieces of Karoonda out there in private collections.

Collectors who still hold my old catalogs will see that I also featured a number of large pieces and slices of Axtell, Isna ,Ivuna, Murray, Colony, Ornans, Leoville Al Rais, Murchison Allende, and more.

For those of you meteorite freaks who love to get crazy over what cannot be had, the catalogs from 1998 to 2001 featured pieces of the Nakhlite; Lafayette.

If wishes were horses, I would ride back in time and get those pieces back.

All the best,

Edwin