[meteorite-list] Detained at LAX today.

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:43:46 -0800

I was detained at LAX today, my bags searched, all my Esquel confiscated. Argentine police/embassy people waiting on my flight arrival with Homeland Security! I was taken into custody by a Japanese/American undercover officer.
After 4 hours, I was released minus 2 kg esquel. No information except they were looking for anything from Argentina, especially Esquel.
Esquel is perfectly legal, but of course Argentina now seems to want it all back. I'll fight them in court. It was exported legally when I was in middle school!
Be warned that something is going on.

Michael Farmer