[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: Mike Fiedler <mlfiedler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 17:13:38 -0800

 Welcome to the game, Doug.

Don't confuse tektites with meteorites, because they are quite
distinct species. But they seem to have an inter-related history that
ends up putting them in many of the same collections.

And you live quite close to a hot-bed of discovery and debate about
tektites. Check out the info on the Healdsburg variety.

I've been told the best way to find them is walk the rows of a grape
vinyard in the spring, after the ground has been tilled, and just
after a light rain, when the tektites lie glistening on the surface!

Then if you haven't already read up on them, see what the other
branches of the tektite family are all about.

-- Mike

http://sonoma-dspace.calstate.edu/bitstream/handle/10211.1/1643/erickson_AGU%20poster%20Fall%202012.pdf?sequence=1

http://science.kqed.org/quest/2012/12/13/help-find-the-healdsburg-tektites/

Message: 3