[meteorite-list] Fraud from Portugal?

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:19:35 -0800

Hello All,
In all fairness, that Ourique does look ~ok. H-chondrites with
similar regolith textures are around, but not common, and those pieces
look fresh enough.

The Chaves does look a bit funny, but it's also very small. If the
seller says the specimen came from Corey, I'd double-check with Corey.
 If you check the Meteoritical Bulletin page's photos, you'll see at
least one piece that was sold by Jorge Gon?alves, and which appears to
be an L5 chondrite. I'd be worried, but Corey should know what he
sold.

Regards,
Jason

www.fallsandfinds.com