[meteorite-list] KATOL (L6) is official

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 17:33:15 -0700

Yes, this piece is oriented heat shield shaped with countless flow lines and bubbles on the thick backside crust. There are a couple of crystal-rich sections. It is one of my favorite pieces in my collection, the adventure to acquire was a little scary.
Laurence Garvie has taken many photos of it, I am sure he has incredible photos I haven't seen. This photo was the only one I got.
The piece is still at ASU on loan, it will be on display at the Tucson show.
Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPhone