[meteorite-list] What is more important in classification?

From: Jim Wooddell <jim.wooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:38:35 -0700

Hello Melinda, Alan and Carl,

Thank you all very much for these explanations and the learning
opportunity. You folks are great! I suppose I over worry about things
when one person orders a mount and another a mount and thin section and
another just a thin section. Sometimes a returned mount is not possible
simply because there was not enough material left on the final mount
cut. So, I began to think why a TS would really be needed with my total
lack of experience on an SEM.

I now have a better understanding about the mounts and thin sections I
am making. I did not consider the possibility of further research in
regards to the thin sections in my thoughts and you all brought that
into the light for me as well.

Thank you!

Jim

--