[meteorite-list] Astronomy Days 2014: Celebrating Comets, Meteorites, and MORE!

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 15:36:50 -0500

Hi List,

Looking over the schedule for Astronomy Days, I see there's more...

Duke University is going to have a meteorite exhibit
and
Nick Gessler has a presentation -

How to Identify and Find a Meteorite
Nicholas Gessler, PhD, Duke University

Here is part of the schedule.

Saturday

10:30 am
How to Identify and Find a Meteorite
Nicholas Gessler, PhD, Duke University
Windows on the World, 3rd floor

11:00 am
Comets: Visitors from Deep Space
Tony Rice, NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador
Auditorium, 1st floor

11:30 am
Dissecting the Moore County Meteorite, Piece by Piece
Dr. Chris Tacker, Curator of Geology, NC Museum of Natural Sciences
SECU Daily Planet Theater, NRC

1:00 pm
Life in the Solar System ? and Beyond?
Dr. Rachel L. Smith, Director of Astronomy & Astrophysics, NC Museum
of Natural Sciences
SECU Daily Planet Theater, NRC

You can see the whole schedule here:
http://naturalsciences.org/programs-events/astronomy-days-2