[meteorite-list] Microscope images

From: cbo <cbo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:32:54 +0100

Dear list!

I have made images with my microscope of the outer polished surface. Many area has got shiny metallic light and gray or gold color. Of course the part of the shale is brown.
In my opinion that this pice has content mainly shale material with some not full oxidized metal. Maybe this part closed to the metal core of the main Hoba.
Today I have tried upload the images fro my server and give you links to the images.

And the other way can be a laser-spot analisis for the metallic spots.

Thank you any expert information!

Iam sorry for a weight dimension because in Europe we use the ISO standard and the decimal sign in ISO the "," and not ".". Of course you can see the 1 cm scale cub in the images and the small part is not able to over 3 kg:) because in this case the scale cub should be much bigger.

And finally is true that Anne's list see that is a shale, but the in image looks metallic similar shine.

Best Regards!
Zsolt