[meteorite-list] [OT] In Memory

From: John Cabassi <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 19:41:09 -0700

G'Day List

I met this really nice guy on SkyRock Cafe and for some unknown
reason, he really had an impact. He was also a contributor on the Met
List as well as my own forum. Over time, we became the best of
friends, not only with him but also with his family. I felt sorry
that he didn't have a detector and as I had a spare one, I sent one to
him. And it became a joke with us because the cost for shipping was
more than the value of the detector. Over the years, 2e exchanged
little trinkets, mainly for our wives, but meteorites were our
passion.

We communicated on a constant basis but then I lost contact with him.
I knew that the situation was getting a little rough in Venezuela.
But I always remember his words, "Be Happy"

I woke up this morning to an email from his wife, Mimi And this is
with a heavy heart, informing me that she had been trying to track me
down to let me know that Gian Gallo (Larense) had passed away.

Farewell my friend. You will be missed but not forgotten. The stars
are now your canvas. Have fun. Meteorites were your passion as well as
astronomy, being a veterinarian and your love for life big and small.

Sincerely,
John L. Cabassi
aka Johnno
IMCA# 2125