[meteorite-list] Florida boy

From: Sean T. Murray <stm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 00:13:07 -0400

It was not a meteorite.

One of the members in my club, Hal Povenmire, actually went down and
interviewed that and was able to get some material. He sent in a few small
fragments for testing and it was determined to be terrestrial.

It was either a hoax, or even a possible something that got stuck in and
dropped off an airplane wheel after takeoff (they are near an airport...)
We bounced several theories back and forth about it. Regardless, Hal was
convinced that they were genuine in their belief, so we're giving them the
benefit of the doubt that it was an odd event, and not a deliberate hoax.

Sean Murray