[meteorite-list] Meteorite People

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 21:59:22 -0700

Hi Mike and List,

To save the time from having to send the questions out individually
here is the list that Jim and I have been using. We'll post the
interviews (one per issue) in the order in which we receive them.

Please consider the following questions merely thought provokers. Answer
as many as you are comfortable with and add any information that you
think others might be interested in. We will send you the URL for your
review prior to publishing so that we print only what you are
comfortable with others reading.

Please include the photos you wish to share. If you have specific
locations please note in the interview text.

Thank you again!

Paul

1. What or who got you interested in meteorites and how old were
you when you got your first meteorite?

2. What was your first meteorite?

3. Do you still have it?

4. Do you have special areas of interest that you focus on in
regards to meteorites (thin sections, photography, chemistry, age
dating.. etc)?

5. Does your Family share in your interest in meteorites?

6. Do you have any special approaches to collecting? (Type
collection, only stones, only irons, only by aesthetics, etc. or any and
all that you like.)

7. Do you mind saying how many locations your collection represents?

8. Is your collection displayed or kept in a dry box or both?

9. In what ways do you use your computer for meteorites. (met-list,
Social Media, meteorite research, shopping, etc)

10. Do you ever hunt for meteorites?

11. What is your favorite meteorite in your collection?

12. What is your favorite overall if it is not the one above?

13. What makes these of special interest?

14. What meteorites are currently on your wish list?

15. What methods have been most successful in building your
collection? (Buying at shows, from dealers by mail, auctions on the
web, trading... etc)

16. Which Shows do you attend?

17. Do you also collect related materials like impact glasses,
breccias, melts, tektites, shocked fossils, native iron rocks etc?

18. Do you prepare any of your own specimens? (cut, polish, etch, etc.)

19. Have you had to take any special measures to protect them from
the environment?