[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk Meteorite Sheds Light on Dinosaur Extinction Mystery

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:23:26 -0400

This is an interesting theory. But, how does Chelyabinsk completely
rule out a carbonaceous KT impactor? Until we recover an extant
sample of the KT impactor, the question is still unanswered. Yes,
there are dark meteorites that are not carbon-rich. But how does this
fact rule out a carbonaceous (or any) impactor for the KT impact? Am
I missing something?

Best regards,

MikeG

--