[meteorite-list] Ensisheim Show - Announcement

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:23:41 -0400 (EDT)

On behalf of Zelimir Gabelica, who is still fighting with his computer.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com

ENSISHEIM ?METEORITE 2014? NEWS
(June 1, 2014)
?
?
Dear meteorite friends & Meteorite-Central List,
?
Please find here below the latest update concerning the 15th edition of
our meteorite show ?Ensisheim-Meteorite 2014?, a very special event
(15th anniversary of the show and 30th anniversary of our Brotherhood
founding). ?
?
This completes the 2 advertisements sent to the Mineralogical journals
?Lapis? (in English) and ?Le R?gne Min?ral? (in French),June issues, as
well as the official flyers now published on our 2 web sites, namely:
?
Ensisheim City site:
www.ville-ensisheim.fr.
or http://www.ville-ensisheim.fr/p_rmeteorite2014.html
?
The ?Confr?rie? site:
www.confrerie-gardiens-meteorite-ensisheim.fr
?
The flyers will be published on these sites tomorrow Monday June 2. You
can also find them attached to this announcement.
?
Some additional information:
?
TABLE RENTAL AND RESERVATION
?
The number of dealer tables is limited to a total of 52 (currently
accommodating about 45-60 dealers), not including the consignment room
that accommodates 6 tables with display cases.
?
The important reminder is that all tables are equal in size(160 x 80
cm).
The price (per table, NOT per meter) has increased slightly, following
the (surprising) suggestion by quite a number of dealers: 1 table =
155Euro, 2 tables = 300 euro, 3 tables = 430 euro.
Please plan your own lighting if needed (strictly limited to 250
W/table !).
?
All past dealers/guests have full priority to reserve their last year
table(s). Those who did not come last year (2013) have lost their
priority and will be considered ?newcomers?.
?
To date, ALL 52 TABLES ARE BOOKED !
Sorry for those who were late in reserving but my January warning was
perfectly explicit on that point. Nevertheless a waiting list is now
open, should some of you still wish to rent a table. From experience, 2
to 4 tables are often released 3 weeks before the show starts.
?
The 2014 participants (including the main co-dealers) are (in
alphabetical order):
?
AFANASYEV Serge/RAZUMOVSKY Anatoly (RU), AISSAMI Abdellali(MA), AITHIBA
Abdelhadi (MA), BARAKSHIN Andrey (RU), BLACK Anne (US), BECKER M.(D)
(?), BOURAGAA Ahmad/AID Mohamed (MA), CARION Alain (F), CHAOUI Rachid
(MA),CIMALA Marcin/MAZUREK Kazimierz (PL), COMPAGNUCCI Enzo (I), DEHNER
Thomas (D),EGER Uwe (D), ENNAHI Larbi (MA), HABERER Siegfried (D),
HMANI Ali &Mohammed (MA), HUP? Greg (US), ISMAILY Sidi-Mohamed (MA),
JOSTMarc/PERRINJACQUET Roger (CH), KACHALIN Dmitry (RU), KALACHEV
Viacheslav (RU),KARL Joachim & Moritz (D)/FARMER Mike/STROPE Jim (US),
KN?FEL Andr?/GOETTLICHDavid (D), KOSER Hans (UY), KUNTZ Fabien/ PEL?
Pierre-Marie (F), LABENNE Luc(F), PACER Gregor (D), PANI Ahmed (A),
PUSTOV Yuri (RU), RALEW Stefan (D), SBAIMohammed (MA) (?), SKORNIAKOV
Slava (RU), STALLING Ilmarin (D), SMULA Lukacz(PL), VASILIEV Sergey
(CZ), VINOGRADOV Aleksey (RU).
?
There will be more accompanying persons present on some tables. All
such people will receive a free badge, on the following basis: 1 table
reserved, 1 or 2 badges attributed; 2 tables, up to 3 badges; 3 tables,
up to 4 badges, etc.
If more people are officially part of a table team, they can either be
considered as ?public? and pay 4 euro as entrance fee, or pay 10 euro
that includes the entrance and a badge. To make this possible, I will
need the full names of all accompanying persons as soon as possible, so
we can write the corresponding badges in time.
?
The 6 consignment display-cases will contain meteorites, tektites,
impactites?from the following collections (list still open):
GABELICA Zelimir (B), JACQUES Beno?t (B), JAWERBAUM Eduardo
(AR),SCHMITT-KOPPLIN Philippe (D), STEHLIK Harald (A), TURONE Oscar
(AR), VERLOOVENGuy (B), WENGERT Sigrid (D).
?
To avoid money transfer complications and bank fee, we ask that you pay
the table rental in cash. ?Tables are to be paid on Saturday morning
between 7:30 and 9:30 to the treasurer, at the reception desk visible
 from the entrance door of the Regency building. When they pay, the
dealers must wear (or ask for) their badge.
Since we do not require pre-payment, it would be very fair if, in case
of cancellation, you notify us enough in advance so that we can rent
your space to those who are on a waiting list.
?
People without badges are not considered dealers, cannot occupy tables,
and are NOT allowed to sell meteorites elsewhere within the buildings
or on the Regency square.
?
Friday June 20 is the "DEALER?S DAY" devoted to the setting up of the
tables and booths.
The Regency halls are open to dealers exclusively (13:00 ?17:30 sharp),
and NOT to the public. Dealers can also complete their tables
set-upearly on Saturday (7:30 ? 9:30)
?
FOOD AND DINNER PARTIES
?
The traditional FRIDAY DINNER PARTY starts at 20:0 0inside the large
tent set on the square. The special 15th anniversary menu is detailed
in the flyer.
?
This party is more than recommended; it is there that folks from all
around the world meet, eat and drink but also make friends, set
business, start deals or?transform the world.
Needless to say, everybody (organizers, dealers, lecturers, public and
all their friends?) is warmly welcome!
If you want to attend, we just need to know the names of the persons
interested. A reservation is a must. You can reserve (ASAP please) by
phone (see flyer) or by sending me a mail.
?
The SATURDAY DINNER (not officially organized and thus free from any
reservation, traditionally takes place either in the ?Boeuf Rouge?
restaurant, on the square or anywhere around it. Just come around the
Regency square where there will be music and dance and all you could
need to start relaxing?
?
SHOW THEME AND ACTIVITIES (see flyers)
?
Briefly, the special 15th anniversary show themes feature:

?MAN IN SPACE? (Astronaut Michel Tognini?s 2 lectures, rocket
models exhibition)

?BRITISH AND IRISH METEORITES?: Superb exhibit of selected
meteorite samples and related explaining posters, from the collections
of British and Irish Meteorite Society (BIMS) members, thanks to Luther
Jackson, Graham Ensor and Martin Goff (all UK).

?A specially built display window with designed protection against air
and/or humidity will be presented by Vincent Jacques (Brussels NHM) in
the consignment room. It will contain some outstanding examples of very
interesting and/or showy meteorites.?
?
---------------
?
I will be on vacation and away from my computer for the next 4 days
(June 2-5), and then I will be here to answer by emails all your
potential concerns and provide you with any kind of last minute update
or new information.
?
Remember! this 15th edition of the Show will be exceptional in terms of
science and passion.
And I am more than confident that the traditional FUN will stay with
you at all times during these 2 great days, in space and time!
?
With my very friendly regards and sincere sympathy toeverybody,
?
Zelimir
?

?