[meteorite-list] Why isn't Mreira classified as a Fall?

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

Is there any scientific evidence related to its analysis to suggest that Mreira is not a fresh (observed) fall? If not, then I have to ask, if this fall had taken place in the US or France, would there have been any question?

I understand that the NWA situation is complex, but I believe that science, not opinion should drive the decision.

Look at the Indian Butte writeup. That is listed as a "Fall" with less evidence than Mreira in my opinion.

Mendy Ouzillou