[meteorite-list] Looking for info on Lancon

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:49:06 -0700

Hello all

I have a small piece of Lancon, France 1897 and would like to add some
information to it. If anyone has anything on the circumstances of the fall,
recovery...anything really I would be much obliged. Coming up quite empty,
this is all I have and it seems like there should be more:

"One or more stones fell in Lancon, after we had heard shots and saw a
fireball in the sky. The details of the fall and discovery do not seem to
have been recorded. We do know that a harvest worker, Mr. Descordes, who
worked for a Lancon farmer found a stone on the ground after the meteorite
fall."

Thanks in advance,

Rob Wesel
Nakhla Dog Meteorites