[meteorite-list] Meteorite collection of East London Museum in South Africa stolen

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 22:52:14 -0500

Fred,

It would be a Gibeon from Namibia. Keetmanshoop
is one of the farms where it's been found.
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?bibcode=1967SA
OSR.238.....C&db_key=AST&page_ind=0&data_type=GIF&type=SCREEN_VIEW&classic=Y
ES

Keetmanshoop is a 168 kg iron, was on display
in the local high school. Dimensions, fall
date, discovery date, and discoverer are
unknown. The Smithsonian got 622 gm. of it.
Went to the East London Museum.

It is the largest of the meteorites stolen
from the East London Museum in South Africa
on March 26-27, 2014.
http://www.dispatch.co.za/news/organised-thieves-steal-museums-space-rocks/

It's a hot rock...

Sterling Webb