[meteorite-list] Germany Swiss France Meteor 31MAR2014

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 22:12:17 +0000

My wife came home at about 23:10 CEDST from playing cards
with her "girls" and this is what she told me ... and she was very
excited:

"I was on my way to our car when something suddenly lit up the
Eastern sky. It was dazzling bright, had a greenish color, apparent
diameter ca. 2 inches, color greenish, duration seveal seconds, length
of luminous train (apparently 50-60 cm). She and her "girls" heard no
sonic boom."

Location: Mannheim - Rheinau (Rheinau is a place about 10 km east
of Mannheim).

Best wishes,

Bernd