[meteorite-list] Ontario meteor sighting confirmed by expert

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 12:23:47 -0700

Hello Listers

Question?

Has there been North American fall yet this year that is confirmed?

Down below is an article for a confirmed sighting....

Enjoy :)

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633nyc/m.html
Website http://meteoritefalls.com

Dozens of residents in southern Ontario said they thought they saw a
meteor streak across the sky Sunday afternoon, and an expert says there
is little doubt that is what they spotted.

"There are dash-cam videos I've seen already posted to the internet that
... clearly show what I would say is unequivocally a meteor," said Peter
Brown, a professor at Western University in London, Ont., who studies
meteors and meteorites.
?
Meteor sighting reports in Ontario probed after social media buzz

?
Tips for amateur meteorite hunters

?
Hunting for meteorites and their clues to Earth's origins

Many Ontarians took to social media or contacted the American Meteor
Society to report either a flash of light or a loud rumble.

The reports came from various southern Ontario communities and parts of
the United States.

The meteor society posted a comment from a person who said he was from
Toronto and described a bright flash.

source:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-meteor-sighting-confirmed-by-expert-1.2631973