[meteorite-list] Mike Miller in ICU - Thoughts and Prayers Appreciated

From: Ruben Garcia <rubengarcia85382_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:29:39 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone that sent Mike an email message.

The doctors have treated Mike for pneumonia, and valley fever, but
they're thinking now that the cause may be meteorite related.

Mike has been cutting, sanding, etching, opticon-ing and lacquering
meteorites for nearly a decade without using any type of mask. Even If
not "THE" cause I doubt seriously it's helped the situation.

Update: Just talked to Melissa (Mike's daughter) and she said Mike has
responded somewhat favorably to the treatment. Just this afternoon he
began breathing on his own and so they removed the ventilator. While
still heavily sedated and in ICU he is trying to speak and moving
enough that they thought he was trying to break the restaints placed
on his arms and legs.

It's looking better...

Keep Praying!

--