[meteorite-list] Suspect Mars rock for sale on ebay

From: info at moonmarsrocks.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 15:49:47 -0700

Hello All,

Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221445715540&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The seller is b-man30.

I wrote this guy twice. He won't provide worthwhile details, its
classification, a photo of the certificate, or identify who he bought it
from. First he says that it is an "Achondrite-Shergottite", and I said
so what, it doesn't look like any Martian meteorite I have ever seen and
that anyone can google Mars rocks and then type up a certificate. Then
he says that he knows it is real because he had it checked out by two
"scientists". Well, why didn't you say so in the first place...lol! It
looks more like the red sandstone I would find in the Red Rock Canyon
National Park near our house. With a buy it now of $1,999 I doubt anyone
who knows anything about planetaries would drop a dime on it, but then
there are always the ones PT Barnum spoke of. I've written ebay about
guys like this before, but they don't seem much interested.

Best regards,
Daniel

Daniel Noyes
Genuine Moon & Mars Meteorite Rocks