[meteorite-list] Aussie Meteor and Potential Meteorite Fall with multiplesonics reports. Request for comment on photo

From: ian macleod <ianmacca81_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 16:33:41 +1030

Hi Dirk

>Does this photo look legit to experts on this list? Please email me your opinions on the photo; thank you in advance.

I am no photography expert, but the image looks photo-shoped to me

In Australia the sun rises in the East and sets in the West,

now if the Sun is the object in the photo on the left then why at 6:30pm AEST would the Sun be setting in the East?

caption on image

Flaming object falling from the sky (bottom right of photo) seen looking east from Mount Isa about 6:30pm AEST on May 15. (Contributed:Virginia Hills )

I think the photo is a fake

Kind Regards

Ian