[meteorite-list] MASSSIVE Russian Event Asteroid? 14NOV2014

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:39:43 -0700

Yekaterinburg is a city of millions, and is also known as "Tankograd" because of the massive military industry there, WWII forced all military production and testing over the Urals mountains to protect from German invasion. I was there and everywhere you look there are military bases and tanks on the roads, jets flying overhead, artillery pieces lined up on the trains etc. Nuclear, chemical, biological weapons testing is all done in this region.
This even was surely military in nature, regardless of whether the Russian military pretends it has no idea what it was. A video showing the explosion on the ground has been found, so whatever the event was, it wasn't a meteorite fall.
Michel Farmer

Sent from my iPad