[meteorite-list] Which is better equpiment choice for meteorite grinding polishing works

From: cbo <cbo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:21:20 +0100

Dear List Members!

I think about that I will buy a grinding, polishing lapidary machine for my
meteorite gringing, polishing works.
I would like to fast and quality works by my meteorite preparation. I think
a 8" working area enough for me (no centering arbors, screws!)

My preferred machine:

Covington 8" SUPER DIAMOND MAXI LAP
http://covington-engineering.com/glass-equipment/horizontal-laps/maxi-lap/8-
super-diamond-maxi-lap/

My questions are the following:
1. Would be right an one speed machine (no variable speed) for meteorites?
2. Is it right for irons? (I am afrraid the diamond flat laps not too be
good choicing for irons).
3. Do you know anybody other alternatives in the 1000-1500USD price
category?

Many thanks for the answears.

Zsolt
IMCA#6251