[meteorite-list] New Steps towards an Asteroid Early-Warning Network

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:00:08 -0700

Hello Listers,

Did a quick read on New Steps towards an Asteroid Early-Warning Network

November 24, 2014 By Amanda Pierce

and I like how the authors says....

" On the other hand, spatial experts reassure us that we needn?t worry
about an incoming asteroid apocalypse since no NEO larger than half a
mile is expected to enter our atmosphere for several hundred of years.
However there are thousands of smaller cosmic objects flying above our
heads with the potential of destroy entire cities.

Really? Chelyabinsk was no bigger then a 3 story building and if it had
came at a steeper angle, there would have been some mayhem. I don't want
to even know what would happen if an asteroid that was a half a mile
would do if it hit earth...

Source:
http://www.utahpeoplespost.com/2014/11/new-steps-towards-asteroid-early-warning-network/

Shawn Alan