[meteorite-list] Barwell Fall 50th Anniversary Event 2015

From: Graham Ensor <graham.ensor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 18:41:25 +0000

I have been trying to work on this for a while now with various
contacts made that were interested but only now have I got a reply
that looks like something will happen.

Barwell Parish Council rang me in the week and said that they have had
a budget meeting and agreed to fund some sort of event to commemorate
the 50th anniversary of Britain's largest meteorite fall. So I am now
going to be working with them to sort out what can be done...I am
awaiting notification of a meeting which I can attend.

In the meanwhile I am asking around again from anybody wishing to help
out, contribute or join in the event.?...just let me know your
thoughts, ideas etc.

It seems they would like an exhibition by BIMS and others at a venue
in Barwell so I think I know some members who might be up for
that...;-)

I will be asking appropriate Universities, Museums and the Leicester
Space Centre if they would like to get involved too....

I'll also be looking to get permission for a hunt in Barwell next year
and working with Barwell Council to see if we can get a monument
erected if there is enough interest generated form next years event.

So watch this space.

Graham