[meteorite-list] It's explosive meteorite season!

From: Shawn Alan <shawnalan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:25:00 -0700

Hello Listers,

Who knew that around fall there would be more meteorite falls. Ill have
to do some checking with historic falls, but from my collection I have
noticed a lot of November meteorite falls and majority come from the
Northern Hemisphere. Down below is a small article on this topic.

SA

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633nyc/m.html
Website http://meteoritefalls.com

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

It's explosive meteorite season!

In addition to hurricane season, it?s also explosive-meteorite season
for the Northern Hemisphere, New Scientist reports. Yes, meteorites,
like that huge one that lit up the skies in Chelyabinsk, Russia, last
year (see above), are apparently more prone to collide with Earth?s
atmosphere during certain parts of the year. Using repurposed infrasound
sensors designed to detect nuclear blasts, scientists analyzed the
number of explosive impacts in the atmosphere from 2000 to 2014 and
discovered that they tend to cluster in certain geographical regions at
certain times of the year. Before you start trying to meteorite-proof
your house, it?s probably important to mention that even the monster
Chelyabinsk impact killed zero people.

source:
http://news.sciencemag.org/sifter/2014/10/it-s-explosive-meteorite-season