[meteorite-list] Free Download - Higgins Dalton paper

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:43:37 -0400

About a month ago I sent a notice (see below) about a new paper of mine that
dealt with William Higgins (of Mooresfort and Limerick fame). The paper
appears in Notes & Records: The Royal Society Journal of the History of
Science.

This week, the Royal Society celebrates Open Access week, and my paper, as
well as the rest of the journal content, can be downloaded for free.

To obtain a download of my article "John Dalton and the London atomists:
William and Bryan Higgins, William Austin, and new Daltonian doubts about
the origin of the atomic theory' go to http://bit.ly/1vYU5go (or search
Notes & Records home page http://rsnr.royalsocietypublishing.org/).

Since William Higgins's nemesis was John Dalton, who introduced his table of
atomic weights on this very day in 1803 - (21 Oct 1803), why not celebrate
by downloading the paper for some new takes on how Dalton came up with his
theory. Higgins is remembered more for his battle with Dalton than his
papers about Mooresfort and Limerick.

And as noted below, my 2010 article on William Higgins, which deals with the
Mooresfort meteorite, is still available for free download at
http://rsnr.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/64/4/417.full.pdf+html?sid=b84224b4-73f2-434f-9478-ae9a198307c5.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Grossman