[meteorite-list] "Ebay Again!"

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 20:32:02 -0400

Bill - Put your money where your mouth is. I have 100 localities of
crumbs. Test every single one of them and post the results publicly.
I'll give you a killer one-time discount deal for the purposes of
testing. Use an XRF gun, microprobe, SEM, nickel test, magnetic
susceptibility, or whatever method you choose. Just because you have a
crazy bias against people who collect micromounts (and trade in them),
doesn't give you any authority to make blanket judgements.

Yes, buyers should always beware, and this is especially true with
micro-crumbs that are not easily identified in a visual manner. If
somebody wants a genuine speck of something rare, they know where to
go. There are a few of us who are well-known and our sources are
well-known. I get my crumbs from many of the same big dealers that
high-budget collectors and institutions acquire material from. I just
get the remainders and pieces that are too small for their clients and
purposes. Nothing goes to waste. What do you do with the tiny specks
and crumbs that fall off the larger specimens during handling? Suck
it up with a dust-buster and throw it in the landfill?

 Yes to all of that and lets not forget the sellers of crumbs and specks. The
> sale of miniscule meteorite material may be the most horrific method of
> undermining the collections of the most vulnerable buyers.

The most vulnerable buyers? Some of my clients have microprobes.

Haters gonna hate. They see me rolling.

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/galacticstone