[meteorite-list] A Managua, Nicaragua meteorite?

From: Steinar Midtskogen <steinar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 17:52:47 +0200

Without ruling out that this is indeed a meteorite impact, I take the
near miss of asteroid 2014 RC rather as an argument against than for.
Given the news exposure that the asteroid has had, early investigators
might have jumped to conclusions. We should wait for more evidence.

The impact seems to have taken place about 13 hours before the closest
approach. That places it half a million km away or so. The link seems
to be a stretch.

-Steinar