[meteorite-list] Meteorite Magazine

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:30:44 -0700

HI All,

yes sad news!

I for one will miss the magazine very much and treasure the ones I have!

Robert Beauford wrote this to me when I asked him about the magazine:?

Yes. Derek and Hazel (the publishers) have made the decision to cease
 publication after the final issue of 2014. While the magazine has a
very loyal core of supporters and has been well cared for by advertisers
 and subscriber over the
 years, the overall number of subscribers has fallen steadily for the
last decade. I believe that this simply reflects the fact that people
are turning more and more to the internet for their education, news, and
 entertainment. Its been both an honor and a pleasure to support the
authors and the magazine as an editor, and I am grateful to everyone
involved, but upon consideration of the numbers, I support Derek and
Hazel completely in their decision. Its been great, but it is time to
lay it down. History has moved on.

So sad!
Moni