[meteorite-list] Fw: Small Near-Earth Asteroids as a Source of Meteorites

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 06:00:09 +0000 (UTC)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: MEM <mstreman53 at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Small Near-Earth Asteroids as a Source of Meteorites

A few years ago on the metobs list, some were so entrenched in "blinders only" thinking, that it was an absolute impossibility that NEOs might be related to imperfect parallel(ish) meteorite orbits that it did even merit-- a look into the possibility that asteroids and their meteoriods traveled in similar and parallel tracks. Those who even broached the possibility were declared heretics and were verbally pilloried.

Then we saw an asteroid disruption where the trailing debris field slowly difused . In just a few orbits the field would be so broad and elongated that a daughter meteoroid might intercept Earth before or after Earth crossed the NEO's orbit but it would be recognized as such because its orbit was drifting ever so slowly over decades -- perhaps as low as few feet per passage overcoming gravitational attraction, and no one would be looking for the connection

Solar winds increase separation at an increasing rate--yes in space there is a probably a sorting effect which appears to slow down smaller objects which in turn is a Delta V bringing out about a wider separation between. The reality is that in a constant stream of solar particles, large objects and small objects get the same drag over time but the large boys have more mass to resist the drag.

Now we have a paper that puts some of that idea forward.

To be vindicated in my heresy is so humbling--NOT! te he he

Carancas remains an engima only to those with blinders firmly in place. They refuse to accept that owing to the very high ground altitude, significant atmospheric drag had yet to playout normal reentry slowing, mass reduction and dynamic disruption when the the ground stepped in and caused catastrophic "in your face, all at once" disruption.

Elton