[meteorite-list] 1996-2016 meteorite collectors / dealers

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:20:27 -0500

Not sure if this counts but I started into the hobby of astronomy when I was
very young. At 13 years of age I went to the Strasenburg Planetarium here in
Rochester, NY. While I was there I bought a small book called "A Comet
Strikes the Earth" by Harvey Ninniger in the gift shop. On that book was a
glued a small piece of meteorite from the outside rim of the Barringer
crater. I still have that book and the meteorite. I will go out on a limb
and say then that I started collecting meteorites in 1973!
Cheers
Don Merchant
Founder-Cosmic Treasures Celestial Wonders
www.ctreasurescwonders.com
IMCA #0960